In August last year, Hulu got the greenlight for a television show based on Marvel’s Runaways comics, which tells the story of “six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe – their parents.”
Today, Hulu announced the actors which will be portraying the six teenagers.
- Gregg Sulkin (Faking It) will be playing lacrosse star Chase Stein, who isn’t your typical jock as he exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering.
- Rhenzy Feliz (Teen Wolf) plays the nerdy Alex Wilder, a bit of a loner who longs to reunite his childhood group of friends.
- Lyrica Okano (The Affair) as the angsty Nico Minoru, a budding Wiccan with a goth aesthetic.
- Virginia Gardner (Goat) as Karolina Dean, whose “veneer of privilege and perfection” is challenged by her “newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.”
- Ariela Barer (New Girl) as Gert Yorkes, a “purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl”.
- Allegra Acosta (Just Add Magic) as Molly Hernandez, “the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group.”
The series will be produced by Jeph Loeb along with showrunners Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl, The O.C.).
The Runaways comic co-creator Brian K. Vaughn will serve as an executive consultant to the show.
“The fun and chemistry that this group of talented actors create is wonderful and we’re so excited to bring these beloved characters to life,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television.
Additional information on other cast members and the show will be announced at a later date.
What do you think of the cast? Let us know in the comments below!