Last week Hulu announced its first cast members for their new show based on the Marvel comics titled Runaways, which follows “six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe – their parents.”
Today they have announced who will be joining the “Pride”, AKA the parents of the titular youths.
- James Marsters (Buffy) and Ever Carradine (Major Crimes) play parents to Chase Stein. Victor, an engineering genius with high expectations for his son and Janet, a perfect PTA mom with a brilliant mind of her own, but longs for something more in life.
- Parents to Carolina Dean, Leslie (Annie Wersching, 24), a skilled leader whose charisma draws in devoted followers and Frank (Kip Pardue, Ray Donovan), a former teen star who is now teeming with insecurities.
- Parents to Gert Yorkes, Kevin Weisman (Alias) and Brigid Brannagh (Army Wives) play Dale, a bioengineer whose deep love for his family often falls short when it comes to handling his daughter, and Stacey, also a bioengineer who has a more progressive approach to parenting.
- Ryan Sands (The Wire) and Angel Parker are parents to Alex Wilder. Geoffrey is a hulking presence and Catherine is a successful lawyer.
- Nico Minoru’s parents will played by Brittany Ishibashi and James Yaegashi. Tina is a perfectionist as well as a brilliant innovator and Robert is a gentle and brilliant beta, “the Woz to his wife’s Jobs.”
Executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage commented on the castings. “This cast is an abundance of riches. We are so excited to have assembled our Pride, though for the fate of humanity we should be very concerned…,”
Runaways comic co-creator and series executive consultant Brian K. Vaughn added, “[This series] has enough great actors to support two shows, but I love that this project contains multiple generations of incredible talent all in one story.”
What do you think of the casting? Let us know in the comments below!